Friday, March 8, 2013

Flu shots!

Every few years I move to another place. It's a part of my husbands' job. So every year I make sure that my whole family get their flu shots just to be safe. When I got my shot this year, I asked my doctor "how long will this flu shot last?" And he said its a year.

I'm from a tropical country, meaning, there's no winter in the country where I'm from. So I'm not really used to cold weather. I get sick all the time. But this year after I took my flu shot, I was feeling good! Wwooohhh! I was going out more during the winter. No signs of my sinusitis. Nothing. Nada! I exercised a lot, I take vitamins, eat healthy.

Then two months after taking that flu shot, bang! I'm sick now. With really bad colds, burning throat and really painful sinusitis. What's up with that? I thought it was a year! Then I asked my doctor again and he said: " well, there are different kinds of flu, maybe you got another kind that was not covered by the flu shot that you got."

I mean is this for real? They could have told me that when I got it. Coz this flu is worst than what I had when I wasn't getting any shots at all. So guys, before you take any shot, ask your doctors about the details of it first.

No comments:

Post a Comment