Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Laura Mercier customized portfolio vs. Sonia Kashuk carry all cosmetic bag

I was watching this you tuber Kathleen light. She did a video about her what's on my travel makeup bag thingie. And she was talking about her Laura Mercier portfolio bag. Once I saw it I was like, I need that since we always travel mostly every month to Houston Texas. I was literally obsessing over it, I was crying over it to my husband and begging him to buy it for me which didn't work of course. Why? Because of its price tag. $98.00 omg! So I ask him if I could have it for Christmas and he said yes. I was relieved.

Few weeks ago, I was at target just window shopping 😜😜, when I came across this Sonia Kashuk carry all makeup bag. And it almost looks exactly the same as the Laura Mercier portfolio. So I did some comparison to it. 

Here's a photo of the Laura Mercier portfolio.



And here's a picture of the Sonia Kashuk carry all bag.




I put some of my makeup on the Sonia Kashuk one so you guys can see how much makeup I can store on it. Behind the it cosmetics palette is my chocolate bar palette too. But here's the complete comparison detail of the two. 

Laura Mercier: 

Price: $98.00
Size: 11.5 x 9.5 x 3.0
Pattern: hard cover python pattern 
Inside: 4 magnetic removable mesh bags
           Double sided pocketed brush bag 


Sonia Kashuk: 

Price: $24.99
Size: 10.0 x 8.5 x 2.5
Pattern: polyester block print pattern
Inside: a built in compartment 
           2 velcroed removable bag
           Brush holder

As you can see the L.M one is bigger and looks more sturdier since the cover is hard and the pattern for me looks more sophisticated. It's is just a couple of inches bigger than the S.N. But if you think about it, the SK one is actually worth the price. It's a fraction of the price of the LM and it stores a lot of makeup too as you can see in the pictures. 

All in all I think the Sonia Kashuk is a good buy. I would recommend it to all who's thinking of buying the Laura Mercier or anyone looking for an alternative coz let's face it not everyone wanted to spend $100 for a makeup bag. 

Til next blog. Xoxo.






No comments:

Post a Comment